January 8, 2021
Need to Know: 2021 NCGA Championships News
Featuring over 500 tournament days, the 2021 NCGA Championships calendar is again loaded with events for men and women players of all abilities.
This year, there are however some changes players will want to be aware of:
- All entries into championships are now paperless. That means no more checks being sent in the mail. For club officers interested in more information please visit the Club Entry Information page at ncga.org.
- A new NCGA Women’s Mid-Amateur Championship has been created. The inaugural event will be held concurrently with the men’s Mid-Am. Both events are slated to tee off June 12-13 at Poppy Hills.
- The annual NCGA Public Links Championship will again held at both Poppy Hills and Pacific Grove Golf Links on the Monterey Peninsula. The split allows for a larger championship division and an additional three net flights instead of two. Players will still need to qualify.
- The annual NCGA Women’s Net Amateur has been moved to Friday-Saturday (July 9-10).
- The annual NCGA Women’s and Senior Women’s Amateur Championships will now consist of 54-holes instead of 36. There will be a 36-hole cut. The move means that the event now qualifies for World Amateur Golf Ranking (WAGR) points.
- The annual NCGA Valley and Senior Valley Amateur Championships will again be held in the Truckee region. One of the venues will again be Schaffer’s Mill. The other is still TBD. Stay tuned!
- The annual NCGA Associate Club Net Amateur Championship and NCGA Net Amateur Championship are now one. The two events have been combined into a single Net Amateur Championship, to be held Oct. 11-12 at Poppy Hills. The event will be open to all entrants (it is not a club event).
- The annual NCGA Women’s Four-Ball Net (Nov. 17-18 at Poppy Hills) is now known simply as the NCGA Women’s Four-Ball Championship. The event will have a full gross flight receiving points for the NCGA Women’s Player of the Year points program. Those points could also be applied to Senior Women’s POY standings if both partners are seniors and request the allotted points to be applied that way.
- The popular NCGA Mixed Team Fall Championship (Nov. 12-13) will be held exclusively at Poppy Hills. There will be no second venue.
- The annual season-ending NCGA Scramble Championship (Dec. 13-14) will again be held at two courses: Poppy Hills and Pacific Grove Golf Links.
Registration Opens January 11
To register, please go to ncga.org/play/register-for-a-tournament/