WGANC Legacy Team Match Play | Fort Washington | May 3-4, 2021
For many years the traditional Match Play Championship, which started in 1927, was undersubscribed, so a different match play format was created in 2018 called the Team Match Play. 2-person teams play four 9-hole matches earning team points (1 point win, ½ point tie). Flighted with gross and net awards.
ENTRIES OPEN: March 22, 2021
ENTRIES CLOSE: April 5, 2021
ENTRY FEE: TBD per 2-Person Team
- Entrant must be a member of WGANC and a member of the 18-hole women’s group at her club.
- 48 Teams will be accepted.
- THIS IS A FLIGHTED TOURNAMENT. All handicaps are invited to participate. Maximum handicap index – 40.4. The Course Handicap of all four players is reduced by the Course Handicap of the player with the lowest handicap, who then plays from scratch. Each of the other three players is allowed 100% of the difference.
- 2-Person Team.
- Four 9-hole matches. No elimination. Team Points – By Hole, Gross and Net (1 point win; ½ point tie).
- Ties broken by a card-off.
NCGA GO for the best hotel rates in the area!
Never played in an NCGA event before? Visit the Tournament Registration page for instructions on how to register.
|2019||Moridaira / Chang||Flight A, Gross|
|2019||Hoyt / Oshima||Flight A, Net|
|2019||Towle / Munro||Flight B, Gross|
|2019||Caldwell / Mitchell||Flight B, Net|
|2018||First Year TEAM Match Play held:|
|2018||Coleman / Barker||Flight A, Gross|
|2018||Chang / Moridaira||Flight A, Net|
|2018||Faber / Sylvester||Flight B, Gross|
|2018||Colquhoun / Lee||Flight B, Net|