WGANC Legacy Team Match Play | Fort Washington | May 3-4, 2021
For many years the traditional Match Play Championship, which started in 1927, was undersubscribed, so a different match play format was created in 2018 called the Team Match Play. 2-person teams play four 9-hole matches earning team points (1 point win, ½ point tie). Flighted with gross and net awards.
ENTRIES OPEN: March 22, 2021
ENTRIES CLOSE: April 5, 2021
ENTRY FEE: $115 per 2-Person Team
- Entrant must be a member of WGANC and a member of the 18-hole women’s group at her club.
- 48 Teams will be accepted.
- THIS IS A FLIGHTED TOURNAMENT. All handicaps are invited to participate. Maximum handicap index – 40.4. In Four-Ball Match play, all players receive 90% of their handicaps. After this calculation, the lowest handicap player in each pairing will play to scratch. The remaining three players will receive the difference of their course handicap and the lowest handicap.
- 2-Person Team.
- Four 9-hole matches. No elimination. Team Points – By Hole, Gross and Net (1 point win; ½ point tie).
- Ties broken by a card-off.
NCGA GO for the best hotel rates in the area!
Never played in an NCGA event before? Visit the Tournament Registration page for instructions on how to register.
|2019||Moridaira / Chang||Flight A, Gross|
|2019||Hoyt / Oshima||Flight A, Net|
|2019||Towle / Munro||Flight B, Gross|
|2019||Caldwell / Mitchell||Flight B, Net|
|2018||First Year TEAM Match Play held:|
|2018||Coleman / Barker||Flight A, Gross|
|2018||Chang / Moridaira||Flight A, Net|
|2018||Faber / Sylvester||Flight B, Gross|
|2018||Colquhoun / Lee||Flight B, Net|