April 14, 2020
Statement from the NCGA
To All NCGA Members:
We understand this has been a trying time for many of you who are unable to enjoy the game you love. We also miss it.
We want you to know we’ve actively been working to ensure we emerge from this crisis stronger than ever.
So what have we been doing?
- The NCGA has been working with the state’s other golf leadership organizations to speak with one voice to be sure golf’s interests are defended in the Governor’s Office.
- We’re continuously engaged with facilities and clubs, as many are utilizing this downtime to pursue alterations to their courses, by offering our measuring and Course Rating expertise.
- Youth on Course recently launched a resource center for members and parents which houses creative ideas for staying connected to golf, and each other, while practicing social distancing indoors.
- We’ve finalized the Spring issue of our award-winning NCGA GOLF Magazine while ramping up our social media content and website information. Look for the magazine to arrive soon.
- We’ve opened up our Online Rules Schools to all members free-of-charge through May.
- We’ve ensured that your member courses–Poppy Hills and Poppy Ridge–continue the appropriate maintenance program in order to best serve you when you return. Poppy Ridge is slated to re-open May 4.
- And, of course, we continue to support our member clubs via technology and personalized assistance as they manage their rosters and communication with their club membership in the new Membership Management Solution powered by Memberplanet as well as via our Club Officer and Club Ambassador Newsletters. Look also for a new Club Officers Resource page on NCGA.org.
Overall, the NCGA continues to work hard through this crisis to ensure that golf in the region returns strong upon the removal of the Shelter-in-Place orders. We remain optimistic that we will return to conducting our breadth of player programming – from Championships, Weekend Net Tour, Member Outings, Free Skills Clinics, Junior Tour of Northern California and all of the other meaningful playing opportunities for our members in the near future.
When we do return to our respective courses, the NCGA will be there to support your club and your game.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and staff, thank you for your continued trust and confidence.