January 24, 2017
Quick Primer on Upcoming 2017 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
This year’s AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, slated for February 6-12, is now just two weeks away.
So what’s on tap for this year’s rendition of Bing Crosby’s old Clambake at Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill and the Shore Course at Monterey Peninsula Country Club? Here’s a quick look at how things have unfolded thus far:
- No Love: Regular Davis Love III won’t play this year due to a collarbone injury he suffered while snowboarding. A two-time winner (2001, 2003), an injured Love had to skip in 2013, snapping a streak of 27 straight starts.
- Phil Back: Four-time champ Phil Mickelson returns after finishing a stroke behind winner Vaughn Taylor last year. Lefty needs one more win to tie Mark O’Meara’s record for most AT&T wins (five).
- Ryder Cuppers: There’ll be seven members of the winning USA Ryder Cup squad in the field—J.B. Holmes, Dustin Johnson, Patrick Reed, Brandt Snedeker, Jordan Spieth, Jimmy Walker and Mickelson.
- Murray In: Fan favorite Bill Murray is returning. Now the question just is, what’s he going to do this time?
- Champs vs. Champs: The format for this year’s Chevron Tuesday Shoot-Out will not be the S.F. Giants taking on the 49ers. Instead, it’ll be Champions vs. Champions (top athletes paired with former AT&T Pro-Am champs). Early confirmations are Dustin Johnson and Vaughn Taylor and Matt Cain and Packers QB Aaron Rodgers.
- New Digs: A new hospitality venue presented by Grey Goose will debut on the 8thfairway at Pebble. Tickets are $200 each Thursday and Friday and $250 on the weekend. There’s also the new AT&T Fan Dome, which will feature 360 projection of real-time tournament coverage. Admission is free to the Dome.
- Quinn’s Brigade: It’s still not too late to get on board Quinn’s Brigade. NCGA President Pat Quinn is using his amateur appearance as a means to raise money for Youth on Course. Very cool idea.
For ticket information, please visit www.attpbgolf.com