February 24, 2016
Get In On the New NCGA One-Day Competitions
Want to compete in an NCGA tournament but don’t have two or three days where you can get away? Ever wanted to compete in an event with a golfing friend or your significant other with a chance to earn GolfMart gift card money? Do you want to compete against players of your same caliber?
If so, you may want to check out the NCGA’s new One-Day Competitions.
Currently featuring a schedule of five events, One-Day Competitions are held on Saturdays with shotgun starts beginning at either 8 a.m. or 9 a.m. Each event will be flighted by handicap, with men using tees between 6,000-6,400 yards and women using forward tees ranging from 5,000 -5,300 yards.
The fees to enter are a bargain, too.
Here’s the calendar:
- April 16, Darkhorse GC, $67-$72: A Stableford Net Points event, individuals will play their own ball and will receive a point value for their net score on the hole. The players with the most cumulative points will win gift cards to GolfMart.
- April 23, San Juan Oaks GC, $81-$86: A Four-Ball Net event, teams of two will compete and each player will play their own ball. The best net score between the team on each hole will be used for the team score. The teams with the lowest 18-hole net totals win gift cards to GolfMart.
- May 21, Franklin Canyon GC, $67-$72: An Individual Net event, individuals will each play their own ball and will have their net score count on each hole. The players with the lowest 18-hole net totals will win goft cards to GolfMart.
- May 28, Chardonnay GC, $80-$85: A Two-Person Scramble event, teams of two will compete with each player teeing off on each hole. They will then select the shot they wish to play. Both players will then play again and continue with this format until the ball is holed. Handicap allowances are as follows: 35% of the LOW handicap player will be used and 15% of the HIGH handicap player will be used. The teams with the lowest net 18-hole total will win gift cards to GolfMart.
- June 11, Eagle Ridge GC, $81-$86: A Four-Ball Net Nassau event, teams of two compete with each playing their own ball. The best NET score between the team on each hole will count for the team score. The teams with the lowest Front 9, Back 9 and overall 18-hole scores will win gift cards to the Golf Mart.