New Club Information
Thank you for your interest in applying for an new Club Membership with the Northern California Golf Association (NCGA). Below you will find a summary of services provided as well as instructions to assist you with the application process.
This application process is designed to confirm that your group meets all NCGA requirements for membership and USGA requirements necessary to issue official NCGA/USGA Handicap Indexes. In short, you must demonstrate to the NCGA that you are an organized, functioning “club” and not just an assortment of individual golfers with little knowledge of each other that seldom play golf together.
Your group can confirm this club status by responding “YES” to each of the following questions:
- Do you have a written set of club by-laws? If NO, a sample set of by-laws are enclosed that may be adopted.
- Do your members have a reasonable and regular opportunity to play golf together? If so, how? Provide the NCGA with an outline of your organized golf activities including club tournaments.
- Do you have duly elected Club Officers and/or Committee Chairmen? If so, provide the NCGA with their names, titles, addresses and phone numbers.
- Do you have a Handicap Committee composed primarily of members? If so, provide the NCGA with the name, address and phone number of the designated Handicap Chairman of Handicap System Administrator.
- Does your club have a minimum of 10 members? If so, all must register for NCGA membership through your club. The NCGA requires 100% enrollment of your membership.
- Does your club reside within the State of California and the NCGA’s recognized geographical boundaries? If NO, the NCGA will direct you to the authorized golf association serving your area.
If your group can answer YES to all of the above questions, you are well on your way to becoming an NCGA Associate Club. Please complete and return the required forms and materials along with a non-refundable application fee check in the amount of $25.00. Your application will be reviewed for content and presented to the NCGA Board of Directors for consideration at the next regularly scheduled Board Meeting. Notification of approval or rejection of your application will be forwarded to your Club President within days of the decision.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the NCGA Membership Relations and Development Department at (831)-625-4653.
Thank you again for your interest. We look forward to your successful application for membership!